What is the best customer service number for River Island?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
If you are a River Island customer and you need to speak to customer service, then you will already be aware that it can be a challenge to find their phone number, which is part of the reason for this site. With any customer service department, especially River Island, telephone contact is the preferable method for obtaining a solution.
River Island’s customer service can be contacted via phone and by post. However, it is unlikely that you will want to wait indefinitely for a response therefore we recommend picking up a phone and giving them a call.
The reasons to contact River Island customer services include:
• To ask questions about online or in store shopping
• To find out which River Island shop is closest to you
• Request a refund
• Information about exchanging items
• Delivery information
• Report an incidence of fraud
• Order cancellations or modifications
• Updating billing or delivery information
• Leave them feedback general questions
About River Island
River Island is a high street fashion store and brand, with its headquarters in London. They operate in several markets worldwide and the brand is still owned by the Lewis family who founded it back in 1948.
In 1993 River Island began to launch its internationally presence, starting with opening a store in Ireland. It now has shops in Russia, Europe and the Middle East. Their website provides online shopping and shipping to approximately 100 different countries and it is becoming increasingly popular due to its cutting-edge designs and affordable prices.
An important point to remember when calling the River Island contact number, is that they are unable to take shopping orders.
Here are some pointers for making your customer service experience easier
• The River Island customer service phone line can often get extremely busy, especially during evenings and weekends. For this reason, its better to try and phone as soon as their telephone lines open at 8am.
• It is likely that once your call connects, you will be presented with a menu of options to select from. If your question or concern is not obvious, then instead of holding for an indefinite amount of time, try pressing zero or the hash key several times to be put straight through to the next available agent.
• If possible, try and make the call from a landline. Not only will the call rates be cheaper than calling from a mobile phone, you also won’t risk losing signal and your call being disconnected halfway through your telephone call.